6 years ago
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
I used to workout all the time... almost daily in fact. That was prior to children. I did an excellent job (if I do say so myself) of staying active during Caden's pregnancy and eating a very well balanced diet high in lean proteins and lots of vegetables.
After I got "released" to workout after Caden's delivery, we were in the process of packing and moving back to TN. Err, I should re-phrase that, I was packing while Jeremy was already working in TN. I had NO extra energy for ANYTHING.
Now that we're here and settled, there are NO excuses anymore!
So that brings us to today - Day 1 of the "Couch to 5K" workout plan. If you're not familiar with the plan, it's an 8 wk program with 3 runs / week designed for the out of shape person looking for some sort of cardio regimen :o) Sounds like what I'm looking for.
The kids both slept in a little later than usual and I was occupied cleaning up the 1,000,000 styrofoam pieces from our desk assembly late last night to realize the time. We lingered around for a while and then decided it was much easier to skip the workout but it needed to be done. I located the jogging stroller in the garage, filled up the tires with air (poor thing hadn't been used since before we moved to TX) and loaded up the kids. It was Caden's first time in the jogging stroller and BOY, OH, BOY did I learn a lot... here's some revelations from what I thought would be a very quick 30mn workout!
Now that we're here and settled, there are NO excuses anymore!
So that brings us to today - Day 1 of the "Couch to 5K" workout plan. If you're not familiar with the plan, it's an 8 wk program with 3 runs / week designed for the out of shape person looking for some sort of cardio regimen :o) Sounds like what I'm looking for.
The kids both slept in a little later than usual and I was occupied cleaning up the 1,000,000 styrofoam pieces from our desk assembly late last night to realize the time. We lingered around for a while and then decided it was much easier to skip the workout but it needed to be done. I located the jogging stroller in the garage, filled up the tires with air (poor thing hadn't been used since before we moved to TX) and loaded up the kids. It was Caden's first time in the jogging stroller and BOY, OH, BOY did I learn a lot... here's some revelations from what I thought would be a very quick 30mn workout!
- It takes just as long to prep & load the kids as the workout lasts.
- Caden HATES the feeling of the stroller when I'm jogging.
- I need to plan the run for immediately after Caden wakes and feeds for optimal cooperation from the lil man.
- That brings us to this point - try to squeeze in a full feeding before leaving. Even the world's most supportive sports bra doesn't work with full milk jugs (if that lingo disturbs you, get over it!). OUUUUUUUCH!
- The workout can only last about 25 minutes before the meltdowns begin.
- This should be common sense, however, the workout should be completed before 10AM when there's shade and it's not a bazillion degrees outside. Plus, Kinsley needs a ton of activity to keep her occupied like scouting out dogs and shouting out the colors of passing cars.
- Be prepared to stop frequently (as in once every block or so) to unlock Caden's fistful of sister's hair.
- Pushing 45lbs in a jogging stroller is enough of a workout without even running. I think the 8 week timeline might be extended to 10 weeks! HAHA
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
