Wednesday, November 26, 2008

RECIPE!!

Okay, those of you who know I don't cook.. stop laughing! It's the holiday season so I do a lil extra! I love baking more than cooking.

I’ve had the Starbucks revelation … again. Every time I really sit down to think about it, it makes me sick to my stomach to realize how much money it takes to fuel my love for delicious, over the top, ever flavor you can think of coffee.


I’ve never wanted a coffee maker in the house because I know I’ll get addicted to it… so in turn, I’d rather pay $4.00 a cup. (That’s how I justify it.. I know it makes NO sense)


In addition to my love for their coffee and chai lattes, I also LOVE their pumpkin bread. For some reason, a chai latte and a slice of their pumpkin bread just makes it all better. (K is teething... so I could really really use that fix)


In addition to buckling down and buying a coffee maker, I found a copy cat recipe for Starbucks pumpkin bread and decided to try it.


Here’s the recipe… It turned out DELICIOUS! I can’t wait for my Dad to get here so he can witness a Starbucks experience in my kitchen! WOO HOO


Starbucks Pumpkin Bread

1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ Tsp. baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
¼ cup lt. brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
¾ cups canned pumpkin
¾ cup vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and
salt, set aside.

3. Beat Eggs, sugars, and vanilla in large bowl on
high speed for about 30 seconds.

4. Add Dry ingredients and mix well.

5. Add pumpkin and oil and mix well.

6. Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake approx 70 min. or until toothpick inserted come out clean. Cool on wire rack.

So there it is! A cup of hot coffee mixed with some Dulche de Leche creamer.. and a slice of pumpkin bread... mmm it makes waking up a lot better! The best part is, the coffee maker pays for itself in about 5 mornings! Oh I love it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment