Friday, February 13, 2009
So every parents has choices... some influenced by others, some recommended by the pediatrician but most of the choices are made based on parental instinct.
Ever since Kinsley was in-utero, she comes ALIVE at night. While I was pregnant, once I laid down to go to bed, it was like "Dancing with the Stars" was filming in my belly. She was born at 8:06p.m. and was wide awake until I got to hold her around midnight.. that night she went to sleep around 2 am and she still thinks bedtime isn't until 11pm or so.
She was sleeping about 6 hour stretches at night around 4 mos.... UNTIL... I started "trying" to get her on a schedule. She has retaliated for quite some time. Sleeping hour stretches at night for the last several weeks. I'VE HAD ENOUGH! I cannot live like this! I know I signed up for several weeks of no sleep, but 7 1/2 mos... NO NO NO!
We've read several books and have tried numerous methods. The "cry it out" method is more difficult for the parents than the baby! However, yesterday evening Kinsley went down for a nap ON HER OWN!!! THANK YOU JESUS! We're being successful!!! Today she went down for a nap today, and fussed on and off and fell asleep!
I don't know what to do with myself... I don't have a child attached to me 24 hours a day! This is wonderful!
Just thought I would share my exciting news!









Good things come to those who wait!! Your Mother was 6 months before she wasn't getting up every 3 hours. It took a couple of nights of the crying and she slept from then on. You are good parents and know when the time is right to try new ideas. Hope your date night was fun.
love you lots
nana