6 years ago
Friday, December 19, 2008

OH I'M SO STINKIN EXCITED!
I've been wanting to make K some homemade dresses... I've tried once before and miserably failed! Here's the second attempt! It's called a "pillowcase dress". You can take any standard size pillowcase, cut off the case end, cut and sew arm holes, sew the top (front and back separately) to enclose the ribbon... and VOILA! It was SO simple! With all of K's distractions (which there were a TON), the dress took me about 3 hours to make (so about an hour if I would have done it straight through). I didnt use a pillowcase, but rather took 2 different fabrics and some ric rac to make my own (which definitely took much longer to make)!
So to complete the outfit, put a onesie and leggings underneath (jeans, tights, pants...your choice) and there's a cute outfit! Not bad for a couple hours of simple sewing and $5.00 of materials! I'd like to "applique" a "K" onto it somewhere.. hmmm... I'll figure it out!
K will wear it tonight to our Christmas party so I'll be sure to take lots of pictures! Of course it wouldn't be complete w/out a hair bow! So that's on my to-do list before our party!
4 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

love you
nana