6 years ago
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
The past two months have been a crazy ride...
FYI - this might get a little candid for a moment...
I found myself in a very tricky place these last few months. It was a bit of an identity crisis of what do I want to do. Yes, being a wife and a mom is a full time job plus overtime, but I felt like I needed to do something for me.
School last semester was an epic fail and the perfectionist in me hates to admit it. After I finished with finals, the pursuit began on finding something that I wanted to get involved in or do. After weeks and weeks of praying and trying so hard to seek out what God has in mind.. it all happened... within a few short weeks, several opportunities popped up. It's like God sent a big, beautiful box, wrapped in a gorgeous bow. :)
So here's what this Mommy has been up to lately:
This one is at the top and melts my heart in an instant. I met the founder, Daryl Mackin, and his beautiful wife & kiddos at our church. So many of us get caught up in how many casualties of war there are but we so quickly forget their children who are left to continue on with their lives without their mother or father. ASC comes alongside these kids and celebrates their birthday every year. The video explains it in greater detail. Throughout their Christmas program, I got the opportunity to work alongside Daryl and that opened an amazing door. I'm going to help them with their newsletter. It's a big commitment and I take it very seriously. Last week, we did a shopping event for all of the March birthdays. I took my kiddos along and we had a blast. It's an amazing foundation and I'm very excited to see what the future holds!!!
You can find more info on their website:
Next up,
This next one is sooooo exciting and fun. EEEEK! This opportunity presented itself from my sister in law, Chandy. She heard about this company from a friend and became a consultant. After doing a lot of research and discussing it with Jeremy, we decided this would be a great opportunity.
Neal's Yard Remedies is an extremely reputatble company from the UK. It's an aspiring story that started as a small family owned business and has grown into a big company. They have stores in the UK, Dubai and Japan. In the US, they sell their products online and through consultants.
All of their prodcuts are completely organic without ANY of the junk that most products have. Jeremy and I prioritize what we eat organic and it never dawned on me to use organic skincare products. HELLLLLLO! Our skin is our biggest organ and yet, many of us neglect it!
I'm not one to sell anything so this is a stretch for me! However, the products are so amazing and it's been a big research project for me :)
One more....
Last but not least is a budding opportunity to start my own mini business...
More details to come soon. I have a phone call tomorrow and that will help put the pieces together.
So on top of being a wife and a mommy.. this is what I've been up to. I've enjoyed my blogging hiatus as I catch up on sleep from last semester and other things around the house that have been severely neglected. I've cleaned out the kids closets, broke out the sewing machine a time or two, giggled and laughed so much and have actually gone to sleep WITH my husband a few times! SO NICE!
I look forward to getting back into the groove of blogging and lots more updates to come!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


