Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It is really 2012 already?

It's a little surreal to think that 2012 is here. 2011 was a bit of a roller coaster ride to say the least so I'm definitely praying for a smooth year. :) However, we're buckled up and hanging on tight and ready for any loop, twist or turn that God has planned for us.

I feel like I'm in such a great place mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I feel like I have a better "grip" on things more now than I ever have. There are days where things are a frazzled, hot mess, but most days are manageable and I'm really trying to enjoy the moments of fun, bliss and laughter.

To kick off 2012, I've spent some time coming up with my own "Mommy Mission Statement" for this next year.

To surrender myself completely to God, chase after Him with all that I am and try my best to honor Him in every single thing I do.

To know that in order to give myself selflessly to my family, I have to take care of myself through MAKING time to work out, eat well (not just a cup of coffee and a few snacks until dinner), and maybe even read some books!

To make Jeremy feel respected, loved, appreciated, admired and that both him and our marriage is a great priority to me.

To raise our children to be respectful, giving and loving kiddos that are grateful and well mannered (well most of the time, anyways!)

To commit my time and energy to encourage our family to be active and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

There you have it! We'll see how it goes!

I don't really like setting "New Years Resolutions" for myself because I almost always fail to maintain them so I'm going to start by setting some goals specifically for the month of January.

January 2021 Goals
  1. Work out at least twice a week (with one of them being a yoga or pilates class)
  2. Do some more research on the Paleo diet
  3. Read @ least one book for my doula training (which I hope to accomplish before the end of the year)
  4. Do "Mommy School" (as K calls it) and specifically focus on K's speech - at least 2 days a week for about 20-30 mns each
  5. Don't eat out throughout the week. Weekends are a little undpredicable at times :)
  6. To get organized to start this year off right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment