Thursday, February 24, 2011

Interesting Children's Book!!!

Kinsley and I go to the library once a week. We return our books, attend story time and then Kinsley picks out about 25 books. She loves books so much and delights in running around and carefully selecting the ones she wants and placing them in the stroller. I pick through the books and put some back when she's not looking, but for the most part, all of her books are about trains, planes, Curious George, zoo animals, frogs or babies.

This is one she picked out last week... looks cute, right?


I went to the zoo
with my lil baby.
We strolled around
'til after three.

But there was a hitch...

My baby got switched,
and i went home with a chimpanzee.

Well, I went back the very next day.
I found my baby right away.
I switched him with the chimpanzee
and this is what he said to me:

OO...OO...EEE...EEE
I'm such a silly baby.

The circus came,
I took him there.
We lauged at clowns
with funny hair.

But there was a hitch...

My baby got switched,
and I went home with a dancing bear!

Well, I went back the very next day,
I found my baby right away.
There he was in the center ring
and this is what I heard him sing:

GROWL GROWL... GRR...GRR...
OO...OO...EE...EE...
I'm such a silly baby!

The book goes on and on about how she leaves her baby boy at the farm, and then the Wild West show. However, in her defense, she did go back the VERY NEXT DAY (sense the sarcasm)!

Maybe my nurturing instinct is on overload right now and that's why I find the book slightly offensive and not too appropriate for young children!

1 Comment:

  1. The Coleman Crew said...
    I need to start taking Tristan to the library for story time. He LOVES books too. When I dropped him off at school today he ran right in and sat on the carpet with his class while his teacher was teaching and reading to them. Preschool has been so good for him but I want to do some of that stuff on our own too. What library do y'all go to?

Post a Comment