6 years ago
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Everytime I turn around, there's another notebook with some list on it.. Here's some of my to-do list to get done BEFORE this baby arrives. At the earliest, we're looking at about t-minus 5 weeks! YIKES!
- Registry: Go to Target and/or Babies R Us and complete registry. There's not too much left to add just the little things!
- THE Storage Unit: I would rather saw off a limb than encounter the storage unit... however, it's a big project that needs to be tackled! There are a couple trips that need to go to and from the storage unit in order to prepare for Baby Boy's arrival. Things that need to come back to the house: Pack n Play w/ bassinet & changing table, boxes (clothes, burp cloths, diapers, socks, breast pump & accessories, sling, Baby Bjorn, baby bath...etc)
- Baby Shower: My lovely hostesses are wrapping up the details and they will soon be announced. I need to finish #1 on the list before this happens!
- Sign up for Childbirth Classes: Chatted with our midwife today. We need to attend Class #2 and Class #4 out of the 4 total classes to brush up on everything. I just got the e-mail from the Birth Center and I'll respond once Jeremy gets home from work and we'll register!
- Baby Clothes: Wash and fold all of his clothes, burp cloths, towels, blankets, socks, etc.
- Tackle Kinsley's Closet: When we first moved in, Kinsleys closet was a bit of an afterthought. She has a great deal of storage space in there when used efficiently so I need to spend an entire day devoted to going through everything. Currently, there are really random things like my wedding dress, her growth chart, a suitcase, and a TON of toys.
- Baby Essentials: Since we're staying with my parents right now, the baby will be in our room. Therefore, the Pack n Play needs to be set up, and I need to make closet/drawer space for all of the baby's essentials and clothes.
- Garage Sale/Consignment/Craigslist: When you move, you realize how much JUNK you actually own. It's quite embarassing and drives me nuts. The community garage sale is April 1st & 2nd so I think I might start putting stuff aside for that. I'll chat with Mom and see if she wants in on it or not. I'll take a load or two to consignment; if I don't run out of time and an item or two will probably go on Craigslist. I really want/need to de-clutter before this baby arrives!
- Freeze Meals: I never quite understood the whole "YOU NEED TO FREEZE MEALS" thing when I had Kinsley. Mom was in town for the first week or so and then the church did 3 meals for us followed by my 2 sister in laws doing a meal each. After that, Mom was long gone, Jeremy was back to work and I was starving!!! This time around, the freezer will be STOCKED with meals!
- Meal Plan for the entire month of April and some of May: This just goes along with the freezer meals. I may be pregnant the entire month of April or we could have a baby April 1st... SO... I'm just trying to make it as "idiot proof" as possible since there will be a lot of extra helping hands involved. Since moving in, I've been doing the majority of the cooking, so I'll still try to help with the planning part!
- Birth Plan: Our birth team won't need it, but incase of a hospital transfer, I'll be at peace knowing that it's done!
- Update iPod for Labor: I'm stumped on this one. Probably because I dont spend much time enjoying music like I used to. In the car, we're usually jamming out to whatever K is in the mood for and at home, it's a ton of Tigger & Pooh, Praise Baby, Chuggington & Sesame Street.
- Pack Labor Bag: The Birth Center provides pretty much everything... just need a carseat and an outfit for the little guy. However, gotta make sure we have everything else - Camera, camera charger, iPod, iPod charger, phone charger, some snacks and juice ...etc
- Prepare K's "Labor Bag": Kinsley will be there towards the end, and entertained by my Mom, Dad and sisters, however, she'll need some books, toys, special snacks and maybe a bit of candy to keep her entertained!
- Get K a "Big Sister Gift" from the baby: She is sooooo very excited about the baby's arrival, but I think she would really enjoy a special big sister gift! Jeremy and I will have to brainstorm that one up and will vary depending on what "phase" she's going through. Right now, she's fascinated with trains, planes, matchbox cars, and any other mode of transportation!!
- Activities for Kinsley: I need to spend an afterooon and compile a ton of different crafts and activities for Kinsley to do. I usually come up with some on a weekly basis that also include Story Time @ the Library and playdates but those will be a bit more challenging during the first couple of weeks!!
I think that's all for now! I'll be sure to cross things off as soon as I get them done!!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

