Friday, February 18, 2011

Working on the Registry... ***sigh***

The first time around, I started working on our baby registry once we found out K was a girl!!! This time, it feels like more of a chore. Perhaps it' s because I can't mosey around Target for hours... well, I could, but that would entail a 2 year old pulling everything off the racks and putting it all in the cart. I used to love looking online at all the coolest, newest baby gadgets and fast forward a couple years: If it's not nap time, I can't spend more than 5mns online without an "MOMMMMMMY!!!!!", "UH OH'' or the lovely "PEEE PEEE PEEE PEEE".

I think it's also because I look at things so much differently after having a one baby. Is it a "need" or a "want" and honestly, would I use it?

When K came along, we had more than we could ever need or use. She was surrounded with a closet FULL of clothes (she rarely wore the same outfit twice), a designer Moses basket (which she didn't enjoy one bit), a crib and gorgeous bedding (which she didn't use the entire 1st year), gadgets and toys everywhere.... and all she wanted was ME!

All that to say, I have finally sat down for 1 1/2 hrs and cranked out a decent part of the registry.

Now, I need to venture to the storage unit, get all of the "frilly" girl stuff out and decide what pile to put it in: 1. Donate 2. Consign or 3. Save


0 Comments:

Post a Comment