6 years ago
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
It's so hard to believe that when I started this blog I had no idea what it would turn out to be. It seemed like a wonderful idea and a creative way to share all of the stories, pictures, and emotions while on this crazy roller coaster called "motherhood".
My first post was May 2008 when I was 34 weeks pregnant with Kinsley and we had just started our childbirth classes.
Boy, has this come full circle! Here I am at almost 38 weeks with baby #2, almost 3 years later, and 300 posts! This blog has been such a fabulous way of communicating with all of our family and friends. Over the last 3 years, there have been a LOT of tears, fears, triumphs, laughter and celebrations.
Here's some things I've learned since becoming a Mommy:
- It's the best blessing in the entire world!
- I don't think I will fully sleep restfully until all of our kids are out of the house.
- I will always put our kiddos needs well before my own.
(Like today when Kinsley dropped a glass root beer bottle on the ceramic tile and I ran through the glass to pick her up out of it!) - Showers are totally overrated!
- By the end of the day, I'm completely exhausted, usually still in my pajamas, hungry, need to bathe, and just want to crawl (literally) up the stairs and into bed.. but at the same time, I feel so blessed and loved. It's the craziest feeling I've ever felt.
- Watching TV in peace is non existent (unless it's Sesame Street or Curious George) so DVR is quite amazing!
- Typically, you would think that I'm supposed to be teaching Kinsley all sorts of stuff, when in all reality, she's taught me more than I could ever imagine!
My mindset going into this transition of expanding our family:
- God is completely in control of every situation!
- There will be a lot of sleepless nights and tiring days.
- There needs to be routine and structure but no sense in stressing out over a schedule with either kiddo.
- My body will take some time to recover, and I'm a bit worried about caring for Kinsley and carrying on normal housework while recovering.
- I feel much more confident the second time around in the entire motherhood process... labor, delivery, nursing, baby blues, body image, recovery...etc
- I'm much more confident in being a Mommy and so I think I'll be more at peace with interpreting cries, comprehending what the baby needs...
- I envision a LOT of upcoming days, laying in bed, surrounded by Kinsley and the baby, still in our PJ's, watching movies, singing songs, reading books and enjoying each others company until Daddy comes home from work.
Motherhood has been the craziest experience ever. Thankfully, I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful women in my family that are such an inspiration to me. Each and every one of them isn't afraid to be transparent and the stories are quite hilarious! It makes me not afraid to say "Hey! We're going crazy today, would you like to join us?" and not pretend to be supermom and have everything together. I know that anyone who really tries to brag on themselves as a "super mom" and that their kids never throw tantrums, and that they NEVER have a bad day... they are lying and usually because of their own insecurities.
My utmost goal is for our kids to look back and say that their Mom:
- was a wonderful wife to their father.
- and Dad instilled great morals and a good Christian foundation, not only by teaching but by example.
- provided a wonderful safe haven to grow and encourage good emotions, creativitiy, communication, love and GOOD MANNERS!
- was always there for them, regardless of how tired she was or how busy life got.
- wasn't afraid to let her hair down and have some fun!
- planned fun activities and didn't just stick them infront of the TV all day.
- made it a priority to prepare nutritious meals.
I'm sure that list will grow and grow over the next several years! I hope to be able to maintain the blog for years to come. I'm certain I'll look back at this moment and say "Boy, she had NO idea!!!".
2 Comments:
-
- Shelley said...
April 6, 2011 at 8:20 PMShowers ARE overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!- Anonymous said...
April 7, 2011 at 6:11 PMthanks for this post-it makes me feel better about everything i'm going through and learning how to do. showers are scarce here too, and i'm ok with that : ) you are a wonderful mother and i'm blessed to learn from you! by the way, we use the gripe water every night and amos loves it! thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

