Thursday, September 22, 2011

Caden's 5 Month Update

 I could get lost in those eyes all day long!
Might be a little hard to see but he has one tooth!

Here's a few updates on how Caden is doing..
  • He weighs 18lbs 11oz and is 26 inches long
  • He was on solids but his tummy wasn't tolerating it very well so I've backed off. He's now on some fresh ground organic brown rice cereal from my friend Kat who owns her own business Wild Flours (one tsp twice a day)
  • His pediatrician and I suspect he has a bit of acid reflux due to some cues he's giving us. We have him on a small amount of medicine to help with that. He's been on it for a little over a week and it seems to be helping!
  • He's in his crib now. I need to post pictures soon. My friend Evie (her blog: Simply Blessed Nest) loaned us her mattress support piece that we left behind in TX... So we were able to assemble his crib and he's loving it!
  • He's in a size 2 diaper during the day and a size 3 at night
  • He's rolling like a lil tumbleweed... tummy to back, back to tummy and all over the place. 
  • When he's on his tummy, he's beginning to pull his legs towards his chest and push up on his arms. I'm scared to think of the quickly approaching day that he crawls. Having 2 mobile scares me! 
  • He scoots forwards and backwards as he "army crawls". 
  • When he's on his tummy, he'll also rotate himself around in circle. 
  • I love to go get him after a nap and see which way he's positioned himself in his crib - It's NEVER the way I laid him down. 
  • He's talking and squawking ALL day long. 
  • He still enjoys the jumparoo and exersaucer. 
  • He is really bored on Mon/Wed while K is at school. 
  • He giggles and laughs although K is the only one that can get him really laughing. 
  • I love the way his face lights up when he sees Mommy :)
  • He's started to notice the TV - which I love because he is occupied watching Praise Baby for a few minutes. 
  • He's officially DONE with the bouncy seat. He found a way to pull his feet in enough to push against the part where he should be sitting. Then he pushed up to a standing position (and yes he was buckled securely) and tipped the bouncy seat over...... hmmm ........ STINKER! Thankfully, K had stashed a pillow and blanket under the bouncy seat so he didn't crash onto a hard surface.
  • He is working on his 2nd tooth. 
  • His bottle before bed is roughly 3-4 oz which should improve as his acid reflux gets under control.
  • He's quickly outgrowing his 3-6 month clothes
  • Caden has also been to the church nursery the past 2 Wednesday night and has loved it! Jeremy and I joined in on a marriage focus group and it's nice that I feel comfortable leaving Caden in his classroom for 1/2 the service. 
  • He's chewing on EVERYTHING. Anything he can get his hands on, it goes in his mouth. K was NEVER like that so this is very new. Now that he's scooting, all small objects must be off the floor! I do a lot more vacuuming these days than ever before. 
  • His new favorite thing is the Bumbo seat. He loves being able to sit up and look around at everyone. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment