6 years ago
Friday, September 2, 2011
I'll be really honest and say that the meal plans aren't anywhere near as complex as they used to be when we were living in TX and before Caden was born. I no longer have several sets of hands watching the kiddos while I cook. Preparing dinner usually includes a monkey hanging at my ankles and setting up traps of bowls and measuring cups to trip over. Add in a 20lb linebacker trying to crawl all up my arms while I'm trying to hover over a pot of boiling water... our meal plan is much simpler these days...
When planning meals, here's what I aim for :
1 night - Casserole (easy to prep in advance - i.e. before the kids are awake and easy to freeze, or pull out of the freezer for that matter)
1 night - more of a "gourmet" sorta night
1 night - Kinsley gets to pick out dinner and help prepare it one night a week. This night usually includes some sort of mac n cheese and corn (as those are her favorites).
1 night - just something SUPER easy (the other night it was getting some frozen bagel bites out of the freezer!)
1 night - Something very creative - I've been on a pizza kick lately so we've had several varieties of homemade pizza. BBQ Chicken Pizza (California Pizza Kitchen copy cat), Taco PIzza (Pioneer Woman - DELISH!)..etc. J is sick of pizza so I'm taking a break from it this week.
Friday
When planning meals, here's what I aim for :
1 night - Casserole (easy to prep in advance - i.e. before the kids are awake and easy to freeze, or pull out of the freezer for that matter)
1 night - more of a "gourmet" sorta night
1 night - Kinsley gets to pick out dinner and help prepare it one night a week. This night usually includes some sort of mac n cheese and corn (as those are her favorites).
1 night - just something SUPER easy (the other night it was getting some frozen bagel bites out of the freezer!)
1 night - Something very creative - I've been on a pizza kick lately so we've had several varieties of homemade pizza. BBQ Chicken Pizza (California Pizza Kitchen copy cat), Taco PIzza (Pioneer Woman - DELISH!)..etc. J is sick of pizza so I'm taking a break from it this week.
Friday
Mustard Baked Chicken
Homemade Hummus w/ Carrots
and maybe some steamed Edamame (one of Jeremy & K's favs)
Saturday
Not sure what our weekend plans are so if we're at home it'll prob be something easy like chicken and rice or something!
Sunday
Maybe throw some pasta together
Monday
LABOR DAY!
Hot Dogs
Baked Beans
Corn on the Cob
Tuesday
Stuffed Peppers
(dont really have a recipe... just go with it.. a little rice, ground beef, onion, tomato, corn, spices, some tomato sauce for basting and some cheese on the top!)
Spanish Rice
Homemade Cornbread
Wednesday
Pork Chops w/ Apples from here
Creamy Bacon Grits
(this is either going to be ahhhhh-mazing or a total bust!)
Thursday
Meatballs w/ Pepper & Pineapple from here
served over brown rice
(this is soooo one of my favorites....it's so yummy!)
Friday
Breakfast for Dinner!
Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
Bacon
Scrambled Eggs
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

