6 years ago
Friday, September 14, 2012
I've just come to realize that we never really have a dull moment around here. We're usually busy. I tend to ask myself "What did I even do before I had kids?".
I'm still aiming to find a balance between
1) not losing myself in the midst of motherhood
2) keeping Jeremy a priority.. after all, I was a wife before a mother (and one day the kids will be gone)
3) being the best Mom I can be!
I am surrounded by lots of friends that are just in different situations. They're always going out, joining book clubs, having dinner parties.. I don't do any of that. Mainly because J's schedule is so crazy and unpredictable right now. Also because once he gets home from a long day, we enjoy being a family together in the short window of time before the kids go to bed.
I often think back at what my Mom and Jeremy's Mom did... They devoted themselves to their families. They raised and trained their children up to become good citizens, students, spouses and now parents. I just have to keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it!! Therefore, I must find peace and joy in this season of my life!
I often think back at what my Mom and Jeremy's Mom did... They devoted themselves to their families. They raised and trained their children up to become good citizens, students, spouses and now parents. I just have to keep reminding myself that this will all be worth it!! Therefore, I must find peace and joy in this season of my life!
Sweet kisses!
Kinsley "camping out" on our floor.. Sleeping bag and all!
Caden relaxing in the cart after we went shopping for a baby shower gift!
Came home to find a box from Nana!!! Always exciting!!!
Caden thought gum from Kinsley's room was hair product... therefore, he received a buzz cut after many attempts to get it out!
This kid is such a monkey! J and I were working in the garage so the kids played in the car for a good 30 minutes. They thought it was a blast! I looked over to see this! Everything is a jungle gym for a little boy!
Caden during "class time"
Kinsley's theory - Since she doesn't have to go to an actual class, then "sasswork time" doesn't require clothes! I guess panties and socks are sufficient?!?
Sorting beans! She did a pretty good job!
Caden eating school supplies - Photo #1
Caden eating school supplies - Photo #2
She refused to take a picture... Apparently she also took her shorts off prior to science experiemnt time!
She cut the celery herself, colored and stirred the water... she did most of this herself and she was very proud :)
Kinsley's special Disney princess key fell through the slats. Daddy was trying to see where it was before he climbed under the deck! Everyone helped ;-)
The kids LOOOOOOOVE the trampoline. They would spend all day on it if they were allowed to. This picture captures one of the many close calls they have! YIKES!
This kid is CONSTANTLY dirty! Reminds me of the saying "Boy = noise with dirt on it!"
Kinsley insisted she needed to make Daddy a cake in her Easy Bake oven because her "Daddy is the bestest". We were out of Easy Bake Oven mixes but luckily I found some online. This is probably the cheapest and tastiest thing that has come out of that Easy Bake!
Snapshot at K's lesson that day!
D is for Dinosaur!
Letter "D" activities!
My little helpers took great pride in gathering up dirty clothes around the house. Kinsley really liked when I let her throw them all down the stairs :)
One of Mommy's projects. This was a pallet that J cut down and added a bottom to. It got sanded and whitewashed! It's GORGEOUS and I LOVE IT!
K did this to a paint sample from Home Depot.
Guess we've been doing too many worksheets? HAHA
Another one of Mommy's projects... Loving this one!
One last project! Not sure where this one will end up but it's cute!
Zoo day with the cousins!
This kid was climbing on EVERYTHING!
He was so much more interested in the zoo than I thought he would be. It made things difficult because he wanted to run up to each exhibit like the big kids. By the time I got him out of the stroller, he ran over and climbed up, the other kids were done! HAHA
Trying to feed the Wallaby mulch..
Out of ALL the animals at the zoo, the goat puzzled Caden. Initially, he thought it was a DOG DOG but once he got face to face, he got really confused!
These two ran off quickly and quietly.. I found them trying to stick their arms through and unlatch the gate to the Wallaby.. Luckily it had a pad lock on it! Little stinkers!
We got to ride the train! SO fun!
Caden napped for a while and this was after... both kids were exhausted!
2 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Keep on keeping on momma Kelley! You're doing a great job:)