6 years ago
Saturday, May 7, 2011
I'm in complete awe that my little boy is already 4 weeks old. I fall more and more in love with him every single day and am so incredibly blessed to have a son! There's something so sweet about the bond between Mommy & Son... it brings me to tears!
Unless something throws him off, like a poopy diaper or his sister waking up in the middle of the night.. here's his night time routine / schedule:
8:00 p.m. - feeding & goes to bed
11:00 p.m. - feeding (this is usually his "fussy" time...he can't tell if he's supposed to wake up or go back to sleep!)
2:00 a.m. - feeding & right back to sleep
5:00 a.m. - feeding & right back to sleep
8:00 a.m. - feeding & then wake up to play
That's his 12 hour "sleep" routine at night - well, it was this past week anyways!
This week, everything could change. For instance (ahem!), it would be fabulous if those stretches of sleep got a little bit LONGER! However, coming off the big growth spurt he went through, I'm happy with a 3 hr break in between feedings.
During the day, we're working on solidifying the routine of wake, eat, play, and then nap. Sometimes its a cinch keeping him awake for a while and other times he's too milk drunk and barely gets a full feeding in and then out he goes!!
He's still in newborn diapers.
He's still in newborn clothes. The Carter's newborn size still fit just fine, however the Target sized newborn outfits are starting to get a little snug. I tried to put him in a 0-3 mos outfit, and it was just way too big still!
He's really bobbling his head around. He's slammed his face into my collar bone a couple times. Guess he'll have to learn the hard way!
He loves being outside. He's so intrigued by all of the noises and activity. He's so sweet to watch him take in his surroundings.
He went through a 3 day stretch this past week of not pooping. I know it's "normal", but he didn't seem to happy about it. After some pro-biotics, we've had 2 blowout diapers (which completely grossed Kinsley out!) and he's been back to pooping at least 6 times a day. WHEW! Lots and lots of diapers!!
His circumcision is completely healed! There's just a tad bit of swelling left but it's all healed and Momma is relieved beyond belief.
He loves bath time but HATES when I slather him with lotion... or wipe his face off... Such a boy already.
He doesn't startle himself as easily as K did when she was a baby. HOWEVER, having said that, there is one thing that startles him EVERY TIME. Plastic Bags. Shopping bags, chip bags... anything that crinkles startles him. I often times find it hilarious!
He makes the strangest noises while he's sleeping. I'm still adjusting to that. I think this week was the first time I've slept through most of the noises at night and only woke up to him crying. Even over the monitor, the noises sound so funny.
His new nickname is "Bubby" - Kinsley tries to call him "buddy" but it comes out "Bubby". We're still working on the whole "yes, he is a baby but he has a name!" thing. During the pregnancy we always referred to him as our baby instead of Caden because we weren't certain on the name. So now, K just calls him baby.
He's a pretty noisy eater - he hums and grunts... no discreet eating for him!
He's still SOOOOOOOOO gassy. The majority of the time, he doesn't seem to be in pain because of it but he toots up a storm all day!
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
