Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy 3 Weeks Caden!


Alright - Another week has past already!
This past week has been quite trying and exhausting! Caden hit the notorious "2 week growth spurt" and it hit HARD! He just wanted to eat all day, every day. It was pretty tiring, and I'm pretty sure he's put on another pound!

  • He's still in newborn diapers. I think he will be for another 2 weeks or so.
  • He's still comfortably fitting into his newborn clothes.
  • He loves his paci but I think I love it more than he does ;-) Kinsley never took a paci so it's very nice when he's crying to run over to him, plug it in, and the silence resumes!
  • At 9:00 p.m., he takes a 3 oz bottle. He usually drinks anywhere from 2 to 3 oz. After that, he goes down for bed and I pump! I did this occasionally with Kinsley and enjoyed it for a couple reasons - 1) to see how much he's taking in at each feeding and 2) to pump to store up some milk (so soon I can go out on a date with the hubby or shopping alone while Mom has the baby...)
  • At the beginning of the week, I started working on some sleep training with him. Mainly to get him napping in his bed during the day. The first couple of weeks he got spoiled being held all day by all of his aunts, grandparents, visitors, and of course Mommy & Daddy. It's working pretty well. He usually goes about 45 mns and then fusses - sometimes the paci puts him back to sleep and sometimes he's up. Once we establish the nap time routine, we'll work on a more predictable schedule that coincides with Big Sisters. :o)
  • He got circumcised this week :-( We decided to use Rabbi Mike and had it done at the birth center. Rabbi Mike lives out of state and only comes in town so often so that's why we waited as long as we did. Jeremy couldn't get off work so it was probably more traumatizing to Mommy than Caden, but nonetheless, it's over and we don't have to worry about it! I'm happy to report that it's healing up just fine.
  • He is one very gassy baby - I'm hoping he'll grow out of it soon so I can eat something other than baked, plain chicken and steamed veggies...
  • He loves to sleep to the sound of the fan :o) - He likes white noise like his Big Sister.
  • He enjoys sleeping propped up on the Boppy pillow.
  • He spends a lot more time alert looking around. He really enjoys looking at lights!
  • He loves being outside and will fall asleep in seconds if you sit outside with him. Works like a charm every time!
On another note, I can't belive in 3 short weeks how in love I am with this lil man. I don't feel like I really bonded with Kinsley for the first couple of months. I adored her but I didn't have the "overwhelming love" kind of feelings for a while. Now, I'm completely, over the moon, in love with her. My heart hurts for her when she's sad or her feelings are hurt, I would do anything for her, I would do everyting and anything to protect her.. it's just crazy! I wasn't sure how long it would take to bond with Caden, but it's been fast and I love it! I could stare at him for days! I catch myself watching him sleep and I really enjoy that he already knows who his Mommy is. Everyone laughs - I walk into the room and say something and he hears my voice. Immediately he starts looking around and wants Mommy!

This is a song that I adore. It brings out the sappy side of this Mommy :)


2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the great update. we are anxious to hear his new weight. Love the song. nana
    Anonymous said...
    It has been fun to read your posts and adventures as a mommy of 2. It also took me a couple of months to have that deep emotional bond with Isaac. I have wondered what it'll be like with #2 when that time comes. My guess is that it will be a much faster bonding experience. Probably because with #1 I was learning what it means to be a mom and was so overwhelmed with learning how to take care of a colicky baby. Next time around I'll already know.
    ~Carla Harper

Post a Comment