Thursday, June 9, 2011

Caden's 8 & 9 Week Update

Today, our little guy is 2 months old! WOW! That time flew by! So many things are getting easier as each day passes but we still have quite a few "kinks" here and there! I'm going to include the 9 Week Update because chances are, I won't update it this weekend. I'm currently in "survival mode" with all the chaos going on in our lives. If it's not essential to every day living, it doesn't get done! HAHA

Caden seems to change every single day. Here's a few things he's been up to:

  • When he eats a bottle he takes 4 oz.
  • He's in size 1 diapers now.
  • He seems to have a small umbilical hernia which gives him an "outty" belly button. When he gets mad and screams, it sticks straight up! hehe
  • He's going through the oh so fabulous 2 month growth spurt and would like to eat all day, every day. 
  • He's pooping every other day right now - which goes along with the growth spurt... he's using every bit of food that goes in!
  • During the day he feeds every 2 hours (2 1/2 if I'm lucky)
  • At night he typically does a 5-6 hour stretch and then feeds every 3 hrs after that.
  • We've been battling thrush the last 2 weeks and that hasn't been one bit enjoyable... :( 
  • He's really starting to coo and smile
  • In the last few days he's learning how to blow bubbles with his saliva. It's awfully cute at this age!
  • He has noticed the dangling toys on his swing and bouncy seat. He just stares at them and starts swinging his arms.
  • He loves being outside. I think the word loves might be an understatement!!!
  • He's taken a liking to bath time which is so nice. He's like his sister and will stay in there until you drag him out. He still doesn't like the lotion part, but he'll have to get used to that. 
  • His baby acne still comes and goes - poor guy!
  • He really wants to stand up. It's the craziest thing. It's not just a reflex. He wants to stand. He loves it when I put him up on my chest to burp him after a feed and he stands up on my legs. He'll stand there for a good minute or so and love every bit of it. I think I'll start mentally preparing myself that he might walk much earlier than his sister!
  • He loves to hold onto my hair. He grabs two fist fulls and just holds onto it. It's like it calms him. He never tugs on it, just holds it!

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Its great to read your blog! I find that Caden and Andrew are frequently experiencing the same things which is comforting since they are so close in age. Andrew is also obsessed with holding my hair and eating about the same schedule as Caden. Too bad we aren't closer to get them together. Have a great weekend!!

    Courtney

Post a Comment