Monday, August 11, 2008
Sooo where do I start? For those of you who dont know, Kinsley has been in the hospital since Saturday. We noticed Friday night that her urine had a strange smell. We werent too concerned but we realized on Saturday morning that the smell was still there. I decided to check her temperature and it was 102.2*!!!
We called the pediatrician and they sent us straight to the E.R. I knew it was most likely a urinary tract infection so I was expecting them to do a urinalysis and send us home with a prescription. HOWEVER, it was the complete opposite. They took us straight back to the exam room and started rambling off all the "routine" tests they needed to do.. IV, draw blood, chest x-ray, spinal tap, and a catheter to get a urine specimen. As new parents, Jeremy and I were a little taken back. Lukcily, they didnt need to do the spinal tap... she was a pincushion just from the failed attempts of starting an IV and drawing blood!
It was confirmed that it was a UTI so they admitted us. They said its pretty standard to observe a newborn baby for a couple days to watch the fever. They did an ultrasound of her kidneys yesterday. Our pediatrician wants us to see a pediatric urologist for some more tests. They think she might have reflux (which Tiffany had surgery for) or a slight blockage. Nothing to be extremely worried about today. They discharged us from the hospital with an antibiotic and we'll see the speicalist at Vanderbilt sometime soon.
Needless to say, it was a VERY long two days for Jeremy and I! We are so excited to be home and feel so blessed that she's on her way to being healthy!!! We appreciate everyone praying for her.
Jeremy and I have A LOT of sleep to catch up on.. haha I'll update later!

Jess
Many family and friends were praying for all of you and prayers have been answered. I know all of you are happy to be sleeping in your own bed tonight.
Love you so much
nana
Love,
Kathrine W