Friday, August 22, 2008

Update

We took Kinsley up to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital for a VCUG. It's a test to determine the level of Reflux she has. The procedure went pretty smoothly... she screamed but Jeremy and I anticipated it. The hospital staff was AMAZING and that helped tremendously. They uploaded the pictures right away and sent them to our pediatrician (I think they mentioned that their urologist on staff reviewed them as well). They had us sit in a private waiting room and they said our doctor would call us over the phone.

It was our pediatrician and he said that it is "pretty severe". We could tell that he didnt want to diagnose it over the phone; espcially since thats not his specialty. He called and moved our appointment with the urologist up from Oct 2nd to next Friday. So we know its "pretty severe" but we'll have to wait until next Friday to fully understand the extent or what treatment options we have. So we're preparing for the worst (surgery) and praying for the best (daily antibiotics and keeping a close eye on it).

We appreciate everyones prayers! Parenthood is challening! I dont like it! HAHAHA It makes us appreciate our parents. We're so used to our parents worrying about us and having to be the "strong ones"... now we're the parents.. AHHH!

I have a cute picture of K in her little hospital gown; I'll post them once we're at home. (we're up at the office again)

2 Comments:

  1. Christy Sanford said...
    praying of course : )
    The Wehrungs said...
    hey girl, just got to read this! Been thinking about you guys and praying for little Kinsley. I know she will be ok! Hope you guys will be though ;-) i know how worrying about a baby can be! its worth it though. Love ya!!

Post a Comment